CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Oct 19, 2007

Dueling Dukey

Let me start by saying that the word "dukey" has recently been revived in my vocabulary. I don't remember how it happened - it may have come from a movie or something. But I think it is a funny word, and I have been using a lot. This bothers my boy genius who says "Mom, can you just call it poop?"

So, last week Jacob came home from his father's house informing us that his sisters had been sick, and the step-mom was throwing up the night Jacob was there. He was worried about getting sick, and rightly so because he tends to bring home all kinds of stuff from their house. And the next night it hit him. Wouldn't you think that by age 8 you would be able to puke into the garbage can without getting it all over the carpet every time? Well, Jake can't. The night of vomiting was followed by several days of diarrhea.


Then Cadence got it and shared it with her beloved daddy. Todd hasn't thrown up but has been feeling sick all week. Then yesterday, it hit me. Last night we were trying to watch our favorite night of television, but we ended up playing "dueling dukey" while we watched TV. We only have one toilet (unless you count the training potty) and we were taking turns running upstairs saying "tell me what I missed". Thankfully our stomachs were on a slightly different schedule. In the 2 hours of television that we watched, I don't think that we watched more than 25 minuets of it together.

So thank you, David, for bringing my son into your germ infested house once again! We are waiting for him to come up with $150 to pay his lawyer to redraft the surrender document so that we can get this adoption moving. The way he operates, that will probably take months...

2 comments:

charmed1 said...

Hon, I feel you. It is the exact same way with Jordan. He is always catching something from his dad's. I hate it when he gets the stomach bug because he ends up in the hospital. I have told his dad a million times that if anyone is sick to let me know and I will keep him home but do you think it works? Uh..no!!! What can you do? They both sound like they were made from the same moron mold ;)

Sheri said...

oh no! I am soooo sorry 1 toliet is really tough for 5 people...especially if they are sick!!! I hope you are better now.....