CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Dec 14, 2009

My Boy


I just had to take a minute to share how proud I am of Jacob! He has become such a great help - I don't know what I would do without him. I took this picture of Jacob with Ethan this afternoon. You may notice that Jacob has 3 stitches on the top of his nose. Those came from his most recent trip to his dad's house where his cousin hit him in the face with a snow shovel (accidentally).

Jacob has matured by leaps and bounds in the last year. He has surprised me many times in the last month by going above and beyond what is expected of him for no other reason than he just wanted to help. He still has his moments where he gets out of control, but they are becoming few and far between.

Jacob loves having Ethan around! He is the best big brother ever! He holds the baby every chance he gets. He doesn't have any interest in changing diapers, but loves to help in almost every other way. This morning as we were getting ready to go somewhere, he brushed his sister's hair (and it actually looked fairly good!!!). Then he came downstairs helped both little ones get their coats and shoes on, put Ethan in his car seat and got himself and all three siblings into the van. He did all of that without being asked. It blew my mind - all I had to do was grab the diaper bag and walk out the door.

I think that the responsibility of helping with Ethan has been great for him. It seems that responsibility is some of the best therapy for him. When I am(or anyone else is) counting on him he tends to really step it up and focus on what needs to be done.

Oh, and Ethan turned one month old this weekend. That's why I had the camera out, and the other boys wanted in on the photo shoot.

0 comments: