CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 15, 2008

Home Stretch

Over the weekend I finished my report for the 3rd quarter of school. The end is in sight. I think that in 6 weeks we will be done with everything (except math and spelling because we will do those over the summer). I am thinking that we might spend lots of time at the MOST over the summer since I just bought an annual pass and maybe we will study and report on some of the exhibits there.

For the most part, Jacob has progressed really well this quarter. But then there are days like today...He couldn't remember how to count past 79 today and all through math it was like he had no concept of anything. Maybe he just needs a day off...the school kids are all off this week, but I have found in the past that taking a whole week off of school makes my next week really hard.

Gabriel is doing really well too. Of course I don't have to report on him for two more years, but I do stop and reflect on where he is when I do Jake's report. Yesterday he picked out a book to read to my niece, Nicole (who happened to pop in for a surprise visit). He picked out Goodnight Moon and I said "that is an easy book" - Nicole thought I was nuts...until he read it and several more books to her!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sweet deal! You have smarty pants on your hands....How old is Gabriel again? In the last post I thought he was one of the older ones? If your preschooler is reading chapter books, I am going to die!! (kidding of course- its just that I had soooo many third graders that couldn't read those books!!!) Impressive.....law school it is:)

Kelly (Arnold) Young said...

Gabe turned 4 in Feb., yeah I know it is a little crazy:)

charmed1 said...

Kotah's grampa works at the MOST. She loves it there. And I don't think that kids need a week off from school! These kids spend just as much time out of school as they do in it! We never got all that time off and we did ok :)