CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 10, 2008

Point, Gabriel.

Yesterday I took my kids to the library to get out new books. On average, we have about 30 books out at a time and most of the librarians know me by name. So going to the library is normally nothing to write about. But yesterday was different. It has been a long time coming, but yesterday I really felt like I lost my first argument with Gabriel - in the basement of the Solvay Library.

One of the books he picked out was a chapter book - a Junie B. Jones book to be exact. I told him that he could not get it because it was too hard for him. "No its not" he said. "Yes it is, you aren't really big enough to read that book," I told him. "Yes I am!" he insisted. He was determined, but I was more determined (I thought). So I said, "Okay, open it up and read some of it to me." And then he did. He read the first page without any trouble. At that point, there was nothing left for me to do. Gabriel checked out his first chapter book. Gabriel finally won an argument with me (I'm not sure his father has even accomplished that one:) I can't even imagine trying to reason with him in ten years! Of course, he will probably be in law school by then...

2 comments:

charmed1 said...

Losing an argument to your kid sucks especially when they're right. Trust me hon - it won't be your last!

Sheri said...

AWWWWW! Thats great news!!! Way to go!!!! Its great to see kids that WANT to read!