CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jun 22, 2009

Testing

The results for Jacob's standardized tests came in the mail today. I was anxious to see the results - to see if my opinions on where we are line up with reality. I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by the results! Spelling and math computation were a little below average, which I expected (thank you dyslexia). Everything else was at or above the 50th percentile, with his composite "grade equivalent" at 5th grade, eight month (meaning he scored as well on the 4th grade tests as someone 5th grade, eight month should have - not that he is actually at that level).

I did have to laugh about his science score. You see, I maybe don't do quite enough formal science with the boy... I always mean to, but don't always get to it. He got nervous about the science portion of the test because he believes (for reasons I don't understand) that he is not good at science. And yet he scored in the 89th percentile on the science test - his best score of all!

So as we wrap up fourth grade I can sit back and relax a little bit. I am doing just fine teaching my son. I do know what's best for him, and nobody else knows my boy as well as I do. Now if I could just teach him to clean up after himself...

1 comments:

JB said...

Woo-hoo! You are not only supermom you're awesome-teacher-girl.....We'll just call you "Wonder Woman"!