CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jul 8, 2009

A Cause for Celebration

In forty - four days, Jacob will be all mine, and no one else's!!!! His bio-dad signed the papers and we sent them to our lawyer yesterday. With his rights terminated, Todd (and I) can begin the adoption process making Jacob an official Young.

Sometime soon we will meet with the lawyer to begin the never ending paper trail. Then we need to get fingerprinted, have a home study done by a case worker, and wait, wait wait...

Jacob will maintain contact with his dad, but will not being going as often and he won't ever have to spend a night there if he doesn't want to. I think that for Jacob, having Todd's last name and officially being "one of us" is a big deal. I also think this whole situation has the potential to improve the relationship between Jacob and his bio-dad.

I am grateful for this opportunity to make my little boy feel more secure. And I am glad that I didn't listen to all the voices telling me to stick it to bio-dad by filing support increases and things like that. I feel that patience and prayer were the best way to handle the situation. Anything else would have equated to using my son as a pawn to get what I wanted. Bio-dad had his reasons for taking so long to sign the papers, and some of them were down right respectable. God's timing is perfect and he will accomplish his desires (Is. 55:11).

1 comments:

Sheri said...

WOW! Soumds like wonderful news!

PTL!