CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sep 25, 2007

Date Night

Last night I was feeling desperate to get out of the house, and Todd agreed to take me out on a date!!!! We went to dinner at TGIFridays in Shoppingtown so that I could return a pair of holey jeans. While were enjoy our dinner conversation, Todd suddenly looked distracted and said "Is that Heather?" Heather was the girl right before me, and they were pretty serious. Todd met her working in a restaurant about 10 years ago. And yup, she is still working in a restaurant as a server.

When I saw her it brought back the memory of Todd sharing a poem with me. Early in our relationship he was talking about Heather and he said "I wrote her a poem - want to hear it?"
"Not really"
"But it's really good, just listen"
"I don't want to hear it"
"Please, it's important to me" (or some line like that)
"Ok, fine"
Then he proceeded to quote this poem:
Your eyes are blue as the sea,
Your hair looks like rays of sun,
Your face is soft as a babies butt,
How come your ass looks like a truck?
Enough of the bread already!

Todd didn't really write it, he heard it from Jeff Ross on Comedy Central. Around the 3rd line I wanted to kill him, but then at the end I was crying from laughing so hard. He insists that I point out that she gained weight at the the end of their relationship, and then gained a whole lot more immediately after he broke up with her. From that day until this, we refer to her as "Truck butt".

Back to our date night...she has either continued to gain lots of weight (at a far greater speed than I have) or she is slightly overweight and very pregnant - but I don't think she's pregnant. She walked near us several times, always pretending not to see us - once she had to walk a few feet from our table, but I guess we were invisible! Why did that make my night? Maybe 'cause I got the man, I've had three kids (I think she's had 1), and comparatively, I've got the body! Am I being petty and ridiculous? Yes!

Anyhow, after dinner we went to Sears where for the very first time I took advantage of the Kidvantage guarantee. If your kids put a hole in their jeans (or similarly ruin any other piece of clothing from Sears) Sears will replace it with the same thing, same size for free. It really is true! I'm tempted to exchange the jeans when Jacob puts holes in them and then put the new ones directly into storage for Gabriel.

Tonight we take out the toilet so we can replace the wax seal! Wish us luck - maybe I'll post pics later...

1 comments:

charmed1 said...

You're as bad as me when it comes to exes. Although I want to beat the hell out of a few of them and would if I knew that I wouldn't get in trouble. Some people just deserve it. It is satisfying to know that you have the man and the kids and the look. Always makes you feel better :)

The Sears thing does work and I would replace them for Gabe. Why not?! I'd do it and probably have :)

Good luck with the toilet. Been there done that. It's not so bad.