CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Feb 29, 2008

Crash!

Todd got in an accident on the way to work this morning. He is worrying that it will affect our ability to surprise the kids this weekend (we are a one car family) - he says the van looks pretty bad, but it sounds like it is just mainly the bumper. He is pretty upset. Maybe I'll rent a car for the weekend or something, but I'm sure he'll worry about spending that money when we have a detectable to pay and our insurance may go up. (Although I think we have accident forgiveness with Allstate, so I'm not sure what that will look like.)

I would just like to take this opportunity to point out that everybody (at least everybody that is a man with the last name Young) says I drive like a maniac, but Todd has now scrapped the van up at the mall and torn the bumper off. The only harm I have caused it is a little scraping on the bottom of the bumper when I pull the nose of the van over the concrete things in the parking lot.

2 comments:

charmed1 said...

Hope he's ok. Isn't it interesting how us women are always told that we drive like maniacs and yet the men get in the accidents and have the higher insurance rates? Explain that one to me!

Sheri said...

Oh NO! Sorry to here this kelly! I will pray for an inexpensive fix! So glad Todd is ok!!!:)

PS. not to sound like a car snob, but how do you do it with only 1 car? Do you drive Todd to work? Very impressive- Jon is gone so much at odd hours, I don't know what I would do to get to all the apts, run errands and the like....