CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Mar 6, 2008

Winter Break


Everything worked out okay, even if it did take a little bit of work and some name dropping. I remembered that we have rental coverage on our insurance policy, but Allstate said we couldn't pick up a rental car until our car went into the shop. And we couldn't take our car into the shop until the shop had the parts in. And they told us we had to go to their estimator in Liverpool on Saturday afternoon and we couldn't get anything sooner.


I called my brother-in-law who used be a manager at a big body shop and he said to take the car right to that shop and tell them that Roger said hi. I also called my agent and let him know "I'm not in good hands with... your insurance company." The agent said to go ahead and see what the body shop (who is a direct repair shop) could do for me. When they found out who my brother-in-law was they took a hard look at the van and found it undrivable, which meant I had to leave it right then and a few minuets later I drove off in a rental.


So Sunday morning we got the kids ready and piled them into our rental car. They thought we were taking Todd to church for worship practice (although I think Jacob suspected something different). After about 2 and 1/2 hours of driving Cadence said "Are we going to church? Where are we going?" To which Todd just replied "Watch" and pointed out the window. After another hour Gabe finally said "Are we almost to church? Can I take my new toy in with me when we get there?" I was cracking up, I couldn't believe he still thought we were going to church! Then, when we stopped to go potty Gabe looked at the building and said "Is this our new church?" At which point I chastised Todd for taking a wrong turn and making us miss church :)


When we pulled into Splash Lagoon, the kids were really excited. We had a great time on Sunday, even though the place was packed. I don't have any pics to show for it because the camera batteries aren't holding a charge. Sunday night Cadence got croup and then I woke up really sore Monday morning so we only stayed a few hours on Monday before heading home. But overall it was really fun!

1 comments:

charmed1 said...

Don't you love being able to drop a name and get what you want?! Glad you guys had a good time. We took the kids to Niagara Falls when I was pregnant with Hadlei and I thought I was going to scream...every few miles it was "are we there yet?" That is the WORST part of traveling with kids. Hope Cadence is feeling better. Hadlei had her 2000th bout with it last week,too :)