CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

May 8, 2008

Just when I managed to calm him down...

It seems that a good nights sleep was just what Jacob needed today. We were going through our morning work with the greatest of ease (except for the usual 2 or 3 trips to timeout for inappropriate, animal like behavior before we really settle into working), he totally rocked his subtraction time test today, clocking in at 4min 20sec for 100 problems. He was focused throughout math and history. He enjoyed our new spelling program (Spelling Power) a lot.

Other than the fact that Cadence took a Sharpie to the walls upstairs, I was thinking this is a pretty good day. And if your wondering, the Sharpie people are serious when they those markers are PERMANENT. I have found a few ways to get it off the wall, but they all seem to take my sunshiny yellow paint off with the marker.

The kids wanted to eat lunch outside, and I agreed to it in spite of the fact that it is a little on the cool side today. Gabe and Cadence were nearly done with their sandwiches when I came to the realization that eating outside today was not the best of ideas. Jacob had been in time out and so he had not started eating yet. And I'm thinking "Great! He managed the stress of the bike thief and the accident fairly well, but how is going to respond when I tell him that he can't eat his lunch outside cuz there is a black bear on the loose in Geddes?"

Yeah, seriously. My neighbor of questionable character shared this info with me, and I thought he pulling my leg. But it is all over the news. The 6' bear was spotted almost 3 miles from my house. We'll see how Jake does on his Lang. test today well craining his neck to see look out the window for a black bear...

4 comments:

Sheri said...

Oh my goodness!!! Thats pretty darn close- I would have a hard time paying attention too!!!:)

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly, I came right home to check out your blog! I figured if you are as cool as you are in person your blog should be pretty good...I was right. You Rock! I like yours better than mine. lol!
Talk to you later...
Kristy

Homeschool Mama said...

Hi Kelly, I came right home to check out your blog! I figured if you are as cool as you are in person your blog should be pretty good...I was right. You Rock! I like yours better than mine. lol!
Talk to you later...
Kristy

charmed1 said...

I can picture the marker incident... I would have flipped out :) They caught the bear and they killed it :(