CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Jul 14, 2008

Laundry

Today, I had to go to the Laundry Mat. Yuck! I'm not sure how anyone can do that on a regular basis. Our utility sink that receives the water from our washing machine is suffering from a serious clog. Draino didn't help and neither did Todd with his plunger. After I do a load of laundry, it takes at least two days for the water to drain out.

When I explained to Todd that I think the whole sink needs to be replaced since I can currently only do one load of laundry every three days he said, "That sounds just about right. What's the problem?" Seriously, one load every three days and the dirty laundry really would take over the house!

The only good thing about the laundry mat is that you can do massive amounts of laundry in a short amount of time. I only brought two loads, and only washed, but the way I operate it would have taken a lot more than a half hour to do those two loads at home. If I can't see the washing machine I tend to forget that the clothes need to come out of it. That is another plus for the laundry mat isn't it? I probably wouldn't forget to do the laundry if I was trapped in a hot little building filled with nothing but washers and dryers. But I do forget to clean when I am trapped in house filled with piles and piles of crap (not real crap, just stuff that is like crap) so maybe there is no hope for me....

3 comments:

Emily said...

This may be totally useless, but try using a plunger on the sink drain.
When my sisters and I were growing up, dad would have to dis-assemble the pipe coming from our shower drain since it would get clogged w/ all that long girly hair we were shedding. Drano didn't work, but one day he tried a plunger on the tub train and voila! Worth a try...

charmed1 said...

feel ya on not being able to do only one load every 3 days. With 7 people in my house all I do is laundry! Men! They just don't get it. You may need to call in the professionals. We had to do that for our kitchen sink when we moved in here. Problem solved in less than an hour - although it cost approx. $175! Good luck!

Sheri said...

Oh I know! its soooo hard.....I still am in love with the fact taht we now have LAUNDRY in our HOME! I hope it gets fixed soon!!!!