CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 20, 2007

Happy Days




We've recently been celebrating birthdays around here...Jacob, and then 5 days later, Cadence. I was really worried that he would be upset about her birthday being so close to his, but he loves it. He thinks that sharing his party or cake or whatever with her is great. (He is such a good big brother!). Jake was excited that his birthday fell during spring break - that meant breakfast with Grandma and Nate on his birthday. I didn't have a camera with me for any the special things Jake got to do on his birthday, but I did take some pictures when we "celebrated" at Splash Lagoon - we got a cake to celebrate both of their birthdays, and the trip was in place of expensive birthday parties.


When it is somebodies birthday around here, I try to make one of their favorites for dinner. Jacob got Shepherd's Pie. Cadence prefers the taste of rocks and crayons to most of my cooking, so I knew that the only acceptable birthday meal would be pizza. But Todd and Gabriel won't eat pizza (especially homemade). One day when I was bored I tried making boneless buffalo wings, and they were a huge hit, so now they must always go with the pizza. Thankfully, Jacob wants to be a chef and helps in the kitchen every chance he gets. So he does most of the work for the boneless buffalo wings. Her majesty was delighted with her birthday meal...

And today my mom and I took Cadence to Build-A-Bear to spend some of her birthday money. Of course Gabriel was all kinds of upset that he wasn't getting a new animal, but he got over it eventually. The purpose of our trip was actually to find a dress for me to wear to my mother's wedding. My goal was to find a black dress that can double as a funeral dress (her "honey" is 84, and she is 56 - I give him 5 years tops). I did find a black dress, but I think that it is a little too dressy for a funeral.


Anyway, back to Build-A-Bear - Cadence was really cute making her puppy, who she named Spot (at first she kept telling me that his name was Dog). First we had to wait in line (and wait, and wait and wait).

Then, Cadence had to step on the pedal and push the buttons to stuff Spot full of love and all that good stuff.




Then, she had to pick out a heart for Spot. The heart had to be rubbed on her nose and her toes, and warmed in her hands, and spun all around, and finally it needed a kiss.







Once the girl sewed Spot up, Cadence gave him a bath and brushed his fur. We selected a Birthday outfit for him to wear, then brought him home. He is currently napping with Cadence upstairs in her new Strawberry Shortcake bed. I'm sure he will be very happy here with us:)


2 comments:

charmed1 said...

Your daughter is just too cute!!! Looks like she had a blast at Build A Bear. I try not to go near Carousel when my girls are with me because that is the first place that they want to go. They have 3 animals each from there and they want more! Kids - can never please them :)

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday to the kiddos! That build a Bear looks like fun!!!:)

Wow- thats a pretty big age difference! I guess if their happy!! Hope you are ok with it all!