CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Apr 17, 2007

The Story of Stupid

I need to vent... Last August, Jacob's biological father quit his job (he told me it was just a six week leave) - in order to do some work under the table and without paying child support - so that he could accumulate the money he needed to pay some fines and get his driver's license back. It was 5 years ago that I discovered he had no license, because Child Support tried to take it, but found that it had already been revoked. During that time, he left the state since he kept getting pulled over in New York.

A few years later, he returned and continued to drive without a license until he got pulled over a few more times. Then he agreed with me that it was not a very Christian thing to do to knowingly drive without a license. So his wife became chauffeur. Then, he moved an hour away from his job, when he had been living about 5 min. from work. So, of course, it seemed very logical ( in his mind) to quit the job when he did. It was just a few months before he quit his job that he finally got caught up on support. He swore when he "took a leave" that paying support would be his first priority, he didn't want to get in that big hole again...

Six weeks came and went, he wasn't ready to go back to that good job he had. Six months later he was finally looking for work, but its hard for a contractor to find a job in New York in the middle of winter. No worries, he said, his old job said they would gladly take him back (or so he thought). When he called them, they didn't really have any work for him at the time. But he had finally managed to get his license back. Now, he would send in a payment or two every couple months, but nothing at all after Christmas.

When you are delinquent on child support for 4 months in New York State, they automatically suspend your license! I already knew this since I talk to the Child Support people all the time "Have you gotten any money from him?" "Has he notified you of an employer?" "Why doesn't the employer send the money every week like they should?" But dips?@t didn't have a clue....So at the end of Feb. a notice was sent to him saying "pay what you owe in full or your driver's license will be suspended. He says he didn't get it, but if it is true "I won't have a job" he says. Because his grace period is gone, and as of last week his license was suspended.

He has offered to look into the matter, and come on Saturday with a current abstract of his driver's license. But I'm willing to bet the the Abstract will not be current enough, or he will forget. Maybe his wife will be driving, but what do I do when the unlicensed idiot shows up to take my son? Would you let your kid ride with an unlicensed driver? I'm thinking I will have to call the PoPos and let them explain to the moron what "suspended license" means, but I really don't want to have to go there, so pray for me....

Anyway, it really is pretty stinking funny to me that he quit a job (and quit paying support) so he could get his license back. He got his license back about a month ago and now he lost it for not paying support. Oh yeah, and he pulled into my driveway with a new (used I am sure, but new to him - second vehicle for their family) truck yesterday. He had the money to pay off the back support and bought a new truck instead. RETARD!

1 comments:

charmed1 said...

Hon I hear you! Jordan's father isn't quite as bad as your son's but believe me I've had my problems. He sounds like a jackass!! Where does his line of thinking come from? You would think that his wife would be intelligent enough to get it! And then maybe explain it to him!

If I were you my son would stay home. He wouldn't leave the house. If your ex has a problem with it then I'm sure he knows where the court house is. I'm sure the judge would agree with you.

As far as the abstract goes - if it doesn't have a date from within the last week - don't accept it! It will cost him $10 to get a current one. I know because my husband had to get one to clear up some b.s. tickets not too long ago.

I feel for you. Sometimes I bet you feel like talking to him is worse than putting your head through a brick wall. If you're like me you are probably thinking "maybe someday he will change". You do know that we just think that to pacify ourselves at the time and that it really isn't going to happen.

Anyway, stand your ground. If you don't want to let your son go with him then don't! You are perfectly justified in your decision. Good luck!