CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Aug 27, 2008

The Ranch, part 2



A couple of different times we ventured away from the ranch - down the mountain and into civilization. We went into Erie by ourselves one day to visit the Maritime Museum and Presque Isle. We thought we would hike or walk the beaches at Presque Isle, but that morning I went for a run and had a little mishap with my ankle. I finished my run and thought I was fine, but by the time we got to the beaches, I was limping pretty bad and Todd kept saying "No, I don't need to ice my ankle, I'm fine".

Needless to say, we decided that a walk was a bad idea. So we rented a canoe! We've talked about canoeing before, but never actually done it with the kids out of fear (on my part). I couldn't possibly imagine my children sitting still in a canoe and not tipping it over. And then they would all be traumatized and never go in a boat again.... But Todd assured me that it would be fine. He took the boys in one boat, and us girls went in another.


Cadence was sure that we were going to get lost out in the water once the rental place was out of sight. But she sat on the floor next to me and didn't move, except when she was trying to paddle. The boys did great, too and we were out on the water for almost an hour without an incident. After canoeing we met Cathy and Roger in Erie (they had some ranch business in the city) and all went to PERKINS for dinner. We have discussed moving south just so we can eat at Perkins, we miss it so much!


On another day, we all went together to the Allegheny National Forest to go hiking and go to the beach. My pictures of the hike don't do it justice. Cathy had some great ones, but I forgot to get them from her before we left.


In this picture, Todd told us all to make muscles, and then Cadence busted into her Spider-Man routine and started shooting webs at me as Todd was taking the picture. There are a few more pictures I want to post, and one Todd told me I have to post, and of course the story of the swim cap, but blogger is uploading really slowly right now, and I have a house full of neighborhood kids, so I guess there will have to be a part 3.

3 comments:

Sheri said...

I LOVE IT! I totally want to go canoing!!! and the muscle shot is adorable! You guys look great!

:)very funny what you said about the baby and sleeping......Isn't funny how we foget all the hard sutff? I think God does that so we continue to procreate:) ha ha....

charmed1 said...

You were brave to do the canoe thing. I hate canoes! They are so unstable! Love the muscle shot - you're a force to be reckoned with!

JB said...

Dude, Corey won't even get in a canoe anymore...you'll have to ask him about his "awesome" fishing trip. I won't embarrass him without at least seeing you laugh as hard as I did when I heard it. :) I'm kidding, it's awesome that you two and the kids were able to do that.

The more you write about it the more it seems like it was the perfect vacation.