CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Nov 21, 2008

Sensory Update

After a lot of back and forth, we decided to try a weighted blanket for Jacob as our first "big" investment. The thinking was, if he starts sleeping better it make lots of other things better, too! His therapist suggested we try a 10 pound blanket. And after lots of research, I bought one from eBay (affordable therapy solutions) that is weighted with poly fill pellets.


Jacob knew that we had ordered a blanket, but I didn't tell him anything else about it. I think he was expecting it to be very clinical - like the one at therapy. He was excited about it coming, but when he opened it and saw it he could hardly contain his excitement! I did snap a picture of his face as he opened the box, but my camera shut down on me and didn't save it. He really was more excited than he looks.
Aside from having a cool camouflage design, it is also very soft. And it is machine

washable. It's small enough that he can bring it down to the couch for school time but big enough that it will just about cover his body when he lays down.

0 comments: